1）Don't use or charge a battery if it shows signs of swelling, pierced, or damaged in any way.
2）Don't charge the battery directly after use, allow it time to cool down in an open and dry area. A fireproof bag is recommended for lipo battery charge or storage.
3）Insure you are charging your battery in an open and dry area away from furniture or anything flammable.
4) Don't charge the battery above 0.5A. Make sure to remove the battery from the charger after charging is complete, never overcharge the battery.
5) Be cautious while removing a battery from the charger, it's possible to strip the cords that could lead to a fire( and ruin the battery)